Jorge Ordóñez Botani White Wine from Andalusia
A Jorge Ordóñez winery wine. Botani wine of straw colour, which surprises for its originality, is a result of a rigorous process of vineyard selection and dedication expressed in the winemaking process. 100% Muscat of Alexandria grapes coming from Almáchar north-facing steep slopes, in the Axarquía region of Malaga. After manual harvest, at the end of July or beginning of August, when the fruit is not completely ripe, the grape is selected before being pressed. This wine is so sensitive to climate changes that it was not possible to make it in 2005.
Pale straw colour. Fresh, fragrant and mature, with apple, mandarin and withered flowers hints. On the palate it is fruity and dry, with citric notes and gentle finish.
It pairs well with all kinds of fish, shellfish, molluscs and cold soups such as “ajoblanco” (soup made with garlic). It is also great with ceviche, sushi, risotto, dishes with black truffle and Thai or other spicy food.
Among its successes, it is important to highlight that it was served in the Golden Awards Gala 2013 of the Instituto Español Reina Sofía in New York, where awards were granted to stateswoman Hillary Clinton and the actor Antonio Banderas.
Apart from that, this wine obtained following awards:
- Guía Peñín 2014, 92
- 90 Stephen Tanzer´s International Wine Celler Vintage 2011
- Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate 91
- 91 Stephen Tanzer´s International Wine Celler
- Guía Peñín 2013, 92
- Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate 2011 91
- Guía Peñín 2010 91
- Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate 2010 91
- Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate 2009 90
- Best Modern Design Label Award. New Wave Spanish Wine 2009
- Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate 2008 90
- Guía Peñín 2009 88 • Baco Plata 2008
- Medalla Plata. Concurso Internacional de Vinos y Espirituosos CINVE 2008
- Anuario de Vinos de El Pais 2009 3 racimos
- Mejor Vino Blanco del Año. Proefschrift Wijnconcours 2007
- Guía Peñín 2008 : 90
- Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate: 90
- Guía Peñín 2006: 88.
Andalusian White Wine.
Geographic location: Velez Málaga (Axarquía). Andalusia.
Winery: Jorge Ordoñez
Grape varieties: Moscatel de Alejandría
Pairing: It pairs well with all kinds of fish, shellfish, molluscs and cold soups such as “ajoblanco” (soup made with garlic). It is also great with ceviche, sushi, risotto, dishes with black truffle and Thai or other spicy food.
Alcohol content: 13,5% Vol.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight in horizontal position
Fuego y Sal, Sabores Andaluces S.L.
Product of Andalusia